Congratulations on the latest addition to your family! You've not only adopted a loyal new friend, but you've SAVED a LIFE!
What Elsinore Pet Clinic offers you and your new companion:
- Your new pet’s first health exam at NO CHARGE.
- Reduced cost for spays and neuters.
- Free education packet with discounted coupons, informative guides and emergency contact information.
- Reduced cost vaccinations every Saturday from 8am to 1pm.
- 24 hour emergency communication access to Dr. Costuma.
Many rescue groups and shelters often provide services that may include initial vaccinations and general deworming but please be aware:
- General dewormings do not cover all intestinal parasites and many initial dewormers need to be repeated after the first 3 weeks to be fully effective.
- A stool / fecal exam provided by our hospital can ensure that your new pet does not have any parasites that may require specific prescription medication to treat them.
- Vaccination boosters are still recommended for adult dogs and cats one month after their initial vaccines for complete protection.
- Viral testing for Feline Leukemia (FelV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) for newly adopted or rescued cats / kittens should be performed if not already done so.
- Heartworm testing on all adopted or rescued dogs over the age of 6 months should be performed if not already done so.
Once again, congratulations and thank you from Dr. Costuma and the staff at Elsinore Pet Clinic. We look forward to seeing you soon.